Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lake Placid AC Update

November 26, 2008

Good Morning Everyone,

It is almost Turkey day so be sure to have that bird marinating the night before, to ensure the seasoning mixes with the bird just right. For those of you going out to eat.....WE SALUTE YOU FOR YOU ARE AT THE MERCY OF STRANGERS!!! LOL

This past weekend was a Golden Success for my teammates and I. We won all four of the America's Cup races that were held!!!

Since there were two days of 2-man racing I split the pushing responsibility with Corey Buckner another one of the push athletes on my team, meaning that he pushed one race day with our driver and I pushed the other race day. However, when it comes to racing 2-man and determining who gets to race the driver or even a brakemen will call for a race-off against another person to see who is the fastest of the two......Yeah this time me and the other two brakemen decided to use a more scientific method to determine who will race.

I called my buddies at NASA and gave them all of our weights, body measurements, heights, dietary information, lung capacity, and temperature at the top of the track. They then took this information ran it through a few supper computers that analyzed the data taking into consideration the smallest variables. This data was designed to tell us with all things being equal which one of us would be the most efficient pusher in these weather conditions. Of course you know I am joking we all just decided to flip 3 quarters and the odd man out did not race!! LOL Come on you know I got you with the NASA Story though........You all were probably like WOW NASA helps out with Bobsled! LOL I am GOOD! It's ok Dean you can laugh buddy cause I got you too!

On another note during our race it was COLD!! 4 degrees to be exact! I know I have been in a lot of colder weather but this was the first day of it being real COLD and the first day of that kind of temperature is no fun for anyone! But through Cold, Rain, Snow, Fog we will be on that heel racing if the schedule calls for it. The amazing thing is that no matter how cold it is on the hill while I am warming up once I get to the start block all that cold is somehow blocked out, the only thing that is of consequence to me is the start time and the finish time. I go in that zone where all I hear and see is myself, my teammates and the sled. Now after we cross the finish line at the bottom the cold sets in again and I can not wait to get inside a warm building and throw my warm-up gear back on.

After the races were over a medal ceremony was held on the finish dock where bot the men's and women's teams receive their medals. I was a nice sight to see three American flags been hoisted up on the poles which represent the country of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. Once the flags are raised to their height according to ranking the National Anthem of the winning nation is played for all to hear and respect. STARS AND STRIPES WAS PLAYING ALL WEEKEND!!! I have posted pictures from this weekend on my web-page for you all to view www.jessebeckom3.com

Now that the races here in Lake Placid are over my team and I will continue to slide, weight train, and sprint as we prepare for World Championship Race off that will be held the first week of January.

I wish you all a Happy Holiday season and God Bless

Sincerely,

Jesse

No comments: