Monday, October 20, 2008

A funny thing happened this morning

October 17, 2008

Good afternoon everyone,


A funny thing happened this morning after I sent out that e-mail letting you all know that I would not be able to race today. Yesterday Jacob, one of the guys on Mike Kohn's (USA 2 Driver after Team Trials last year) had some pretty bad back spasm's yesterday after their first training run. Jacob figured that it would go away in the morning, so he got some anti-inflammatory meds from the trainers in sports med. I guess he woke up this morning and he could barley walk, bend over let alone run and take a trip down a bobsled run in a race.

Now, my plan was to leave out at 9:30am to finish helping Todd and the rest of the guys get ready to race since I could not race today...or so I thought. At 9:10 am I get a call from Mike asking me if I was racing, I said no and he asked me if I wanted to race with him, so of course I said YES! I am thinking ok, God not sure what the plan is but I guess you meant for me to race and so here I am!! lol Its funny because I have just had a feeling that something was going to happen and some how I would be racing. I have also been trying to calm myself down by repeating the one verse in the bible that tells you "Not to worry because if God clothes the flowers in the fields with such beautiful pedals, and feeds the birds in the air, and how much important God considers us to be then those things, then how much more will he take care of us. Of course I my wording of the verse which I now know is Matthew 6:25 was not word for word in my head but hey I got the gist of in my head....and yeah that works for me! lol And I have just been trusting God to work things out for me and he continues to do so!

So I got to race today! Now keep in mind I have never practiced with this crew, the sled we used was a good 17yrs old if not older (because Mike did not do that good in 2-man last week and was allocated This Big Red Old German sled), this sled has been getting worked on for the last week by our coaches and Mike to attempt to get it race ready! Well in this sled that no one thought we had a chance in we took second behind USA 1 today and blew a lot of peoples mind today because we were fast!!!! This Big Red Clifford the DOG looking sled was fast!!! LOL it was a good day...and I was thrilled that I got to race today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The KID (yes I know I am 30yrs old but in a good story I refer to myself in the the third person as the KID! lol that's just what I do) is feeling pretty good today the BIG MAN has my back and I am going to roll with it!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and God Bless
Jesse

No comments: