Thursday, July 16, 2009

Polo Ralph Lauren update part 1

Greetings everyone!!!

I apologize that it has been a while since my last update but a lot of things have been going on, which is Great but my mind has been all over the place.

About a month and a half ago I received a phone call from Chris Coleman who is a former Olympic Bobsledder, and current Associate Director of Marketing Properties for the USOC (United States Olympic Committee). Chris informed me that Polo Ralph Lauren was doing an Olympic Photo shoot in NYC and they were looking for the right athletes to represent the Winter Olympics. Evidently some of the ladies in the marketing department remembered me from training out there last summer and mentioned to Chris that I would be a good candidate. That's when I received a phone call on Tuesday afternoon informing me about what was going on. Chris explained the situation to me and asked me if that was something I would be interested in. I told him I was not sure I have to check my schedule! JUST JOKING!! I felt like Renee Zellweger I was like "You had me at Po!" lol. Chris was on a tight deadline and needed to know if I had a copy of my biography and some pictures that I could forward him since Ralph and his staff wanted to look over the pictures tomorrow! I was thinking hmmm...does Jesse Beckom III have a few pictures of himself? let me see..... I informed Chris that I might have a few laying around that I can send you.(Yes, Yes sometimes I speak about myself in the third person, its ok everyone does it at least once in their life).

I immediately started shuffling through my pictures looking at some modeling pictures and some lifestyle (pictures from everyday life) that I had on my computer. After finding the pictures that I thought would work, I e-mailed them along with a copy of my biography to Chris who forwarded them on Ralph Lauren and his staff.

Two days later at the Push Track I hear my phone ringing but I did since I was in the middle of training, and I figure if its important they will leave me a message. Turned out the message was important, it was Chris calling to relay a message from the people at Polo Ralph Lauren. Turns out they like my look, my story and they want to know if I would be available from June 17-20th for the shoot!!!! Yup my head may have suddenly gotten a wee bit heavy after listening to that message. Seriously though I was actually feeling pretty grateful of the opportunity God just place in my hands because I knew it was nothing I had done to make this happen. Right after I listened to the message I dropped down to my knees for a quick little thank you prayer to God, then called Chris back to let him know that I would definitely be available.

Soon after I began receiving e-mails form Jill Krizelman the Director of Retail Marketing, welcoming me to the project, letting me know that her and the staff are looking forward to meeting and working with me. The e-mails definitely made me feel really comfortable and even more excited about the opportunity in front of me.

This is where the story gets a little bit embarrassing but oh well I am going to tell it the way it happened........

Now for those of you who do not know it, I like to be as prepared as possible for any situation that I find myself in. That being said once I had the dates for the photo shoot I e-mailed my friend Ari who is former Miss Teen Iowa, and has done a ton of other modeling over the years for some advice. I tell her about the shoot and ask her if she has some tips what I should do to get prepared. Ari congratulated me then preference's her response with "Jesse this may sound feminine but this is what my male model friends have told me works for them!" I was thinking Ok......what is she about to say next? Ari goes on to tell me that I should get a manicure and a pedicure before the shoot, I need to go to a spa a day or so before the shoot and have a soak in Dead Sea Salt because its suppose to make my skin look amazing. Yeah I know right but just wanted to remind everyone out there that I still bench over 450lbs and can squat a small country....just in case some are starting to doubt my membership in the MANCLUB and are feeling a need to crack a joke! (I.E Tate, Bobby Mac, Dean, Atif, and Hayhurst!) Just throwing that out there! Skittles Tate! Skittles!

Ari continues telling me I need to buy some Evian Natural Mineral Water Facial Spray which will help keep my face looking moisturized and soft, and I need to use some teeth whitening products and if I do not have these things that she can send them to me! How great is that?! I was thinking Ari, you no good and well that I do not have any Evian Facial Spray so stop playing with me! lol Ari ends up sending me some bottles of the facial spray and the teeth whitening products. Ari- also included instructions regarding how and when to use the products cause she knew I had no clue what so ever on what to do with them!

As far as the spa thing goes I was not about to spend money just to soak in Dead Sea Salt! However, I did get on line and order a 5lb bag of Bokek Dead Salt, ran some warm water in the bath and soaking in that. Oh and yes if you are wondering I did go get the manicure and pedicure AND WHAT ABOUT IT!!!!?

Leading up to the photo shoot I was strictly buisness every night. I was spraying my face the Evian facial spray, using the teeth whitening products, and doing sit-ups, crunches, side crunches, Jack knife crunches, side crunches, bicycle crunches I mean Everything! The only thing in my mind is that I am going to a 24pack by the time this photo shoot come around, just in case I have a picture with my shirt open I need to be ready!!

June 17th finally rolls around and I head to the airport. Yes I flew from Lake Placid, NY to Ny, NY! Don't judge me! lol Man its getting kind of late I am going to have to finish this another time. Sorry!

This e-mail is supported and backed by the friends of Jesse Beckom III who wish you a happy tomorrow!


God Bless,

Jesse
www.jessebeckom3.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You came to m.c.a you were great